Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Blog #1: Class Survey

Personal Information


  1. I like to be called Julia.
  2. I am from Aurora, Ohio
  3. I think I either want to teach 4th or 5th grade, but I am not sure what subject!
  4. I am very close with my whole family, and am also the oldest and only girl in my family. My mom is a teacher, so you could say she's the reason I'd like to become one as well! In high school, I was involved in volleyball, Student Council, Key Club, and National Honors Society. So far, at John Carroll, I hope to get involved in CSSA tutoring, We The People, and Seeds of Hope!
  5. Ever since I was young, my mom has always taught me to think positively. Positive energy will cause positive outcomes and breed positivity, and negative energy will do the opposite. The article I found, talks about the exact points that my mom would always tell me. If you are positive and optimistic, you will live a happier, more fulfilled, and successful life. In situations where it is hard to see the good, I always have to remind myself to just think positive, because things can only get better.
  • Article: Why Positivity Breeds Success- http://theundercoverrecruiter.com/positivity-breeds-success/ 
Learning Style and more

  1. I have to have a good connection with my teacher, or professor. I work better if I know that I can turn to them when I'm struggling and need help. I also must feel comfortable with my peers in the classroom. 
Education Past and Present

  1. Senior year, at my high school, seniors are given the opportunity to go on internship. For my project, I was able to intern with the fifth grade teachers at Hathaway Brown. This opened my eyes to not only what a private, all girls school was like, but it made me want to pursue a career in education.
  2. The way common core is being implemented concerns me. I do not disagree with common core standards, just the way it has been implemented. 
To Ask Dr. Shutkin

  1. Will we be getting to interact with students during this course?





No comments:

Post a Comment