Sunday, November 15, 2015

Blog Post #10: Overview

I feel as though I have really grown throughout this course. I've grown in my knowledge and my beliefs. I have learned what it takes to be an exceptional teacher. I always knows that doing the bare minimum does not make a good teacher. Teachers need to go above and beyond for their students. They need to get to know them and their needs personally. This is necessary because teachers need to know how to cater to each of their child's specific needs. Further, teachers need to realize that not all students have the same needs, and that everyone is different. Not only do they need to cater to their students needs, they need to be accepting of them as well. Students will come from all different kinds of families and cultures; their upbringings all different! Teachers need to create an environment where all of their students feel comfortable and as though they can speak freely. I believe a teacher is a role model as well as a person to turn to. I hope that I not only inspire my students to be the best version of themselves, I hope that they feel like they can come to me in any situation. I want them to see me as open and easy to talk to. I also learned that not all schools do things the same way. I experienced this through all of my field experiences. Not one of the schools I visited were remotely the same. Teachers are the exact same way in this sense. No teacher had the same teaching style. Through all the readings we have done, they have taught me how and what is necessary to become the best teacher possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment